TREBLE

7¾ cwt (394 kg)

dia. 33¾ ins. (85.7 cm)

On the crown 3 shields (Richard Brayser of Norwich C.1450)

Inscription:

+ (lions head set in a cross) Dac In Conclave ٱ (lions head) Gabriel Nuc Vage Suabe

“Let Gabriel make sweet sound in this chamber”

SECOND

9¼ cwt (470 kg)

dia. 37 ins. (94 cm)

On the crown 3 shields (Richard Brayser of Norwich C.1450)

Inscription:

+ (cross) Petrus Ad Eterne ٱ (lions head) Ducat Nos Pascua Vite

“Let Peter lead us to the pastures of eternal life”

TENOR

10 cwt 19 lbs (517 kg)

dia. 40 ins. (102 cm)

On the crown 3 shields (Richard Brayser of Norwich C.1450)

Inscription:

+ Bikl (lions head) ٱ Iklm Iklm Rsfti No Mbt

“The Lord shall bless his people with Peace”

  • All have plain bearings.
  • The bells are hung in a timber three bell frame made by Messers Day & Sons of Eye in the early 1920’s typical of their design, substantial in construction.
  • Prior to 1920 when George Day re-hung the bells it is thought they were in deed a medieval ring of three.
  • The Tenor was recast in 1919 by Mears & Stainbank, London having had a large visible crack in the crown.
  • Both the Treble and the Second bells have cast in crown clapper staples whilst the Tenor has a modern type of staple and clapper arrangement with a central drilling.
  • The bells are Simpson tuned, the Treble and Second being Maiden but the Tenor is a little flattened. The bells are pitched, in ascending order of size, at B, A and G above middle C.