The present church, of flint and stone, was built between 1320 and 1390, and it replaced a smaller building which itself may well have replaced a wooden building. It is one of about two hundred churches, mostly in Norfolk, with a round tower containing three bells.
The church was gutted by fire in the 18th century and not restored until 1875 so most of the furnishings are Victorian.
There are three lovely stained glass windows. The East window is dedicated to Louisa Gertrude Walker, the wife of John Walker rector 1864-1905. There are two stained glass windows on the south wall, one dedicated to Charles Henry Wiltshire, his wife Clara and their son Percy, who was killed during the first world war. The other is dedicated to John Manning Fellows and his sister Christine. This window was put in around 1935.
The oldest memorial is of William Vesey Esq. of Hobland Hall who died in 1644 at the age of 63. He is represented with his first and second wife and their seven children.
The hall, which can seat up to100 for meetings, was built on the north side of the church in 1995. In 1999 we were the first church in the country to have a Millennium beacon and this was featured on the 19p postage stamp that came out early in 2000.