Message from Steve our rector Sept 1st 2023
We are still (!) in the process of changing our website to www.stnicholasbradwell.org, However while you are here, we are hiring!
Could You be our new Church Administrator?? Closing date for applications if the 15th Of September
Job Title: Church Administrator
Reporting to: Nominated trustees of the PCC (Churchwardens) of St Nicholas Church,
Hours: 6 hours per week
Salary: £10.50 per hour (National Living Wage)
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Nicholas Church are looking to appoint someone to assist in the efficient running of the administrative needs of our busy growing and vibrant church to enable the Rector and Wardens to focus on their primary forward-facing roles.
The Primary function of the role is to ensure the Clergy can deliver the Mission Action Plan by providing administrative support whilst also ensuring the efficient running of all church office activities. The role is not seen as merely ‘supporting’ ministry but as being an integral part of the ministry of St Nicholas within the community and upholding the good standing of the church.
The role holder will create worship material on a weekly basis and ensure it is distributed as required. Seasonally the administrator will support in the creation of required media using appropriate desk top publishing and will coordinate marketing activities ensuring that social media and the website are maintained, and bulk emails are distributed as necessary.
Full support and training will be given on the church management software iKnow, and Canva used to produce marketing materials.
The role would be flexible and will involve home working, although some of the time would need to be in the Rectory study to enable access to the printer/photocopier and some time may be in the church. A dedicated Laptop with the relevant software will be provided.
We are looking for someone who is sympathetic to the Christian faith, who will adhere to Christian values and the church ethos and maintain confidentiality.
Please send a current CV and covering letter to St Nicholas PCC, The Rectory, Church Walk, Bradwell, NR31 8QQ.
Deadline for applications will be Friday 15th September and interviews 22nd September
Rev’d Steve Deall
St Nicholas Bradwell Church Administrator
- Office administration including responding to post, emails and social media contacts.
- Liaise closely with the clergy team on their diary availability.
- Liaise with leaders to draw up and issue rotas (eg refreshments, readers, cleaning)
- Creation of weekly Powerpoint to be used in worship.
- Prepare and distribute weekly information leaflets (via email and printed copies).
- Prepare monthly Morning prayer material.
- Regularly review and update the church website.
- Maintain social media presence (currently Facebook)
- Creation of media for outreach, communications, and events (eg using Canva)
- Co-ordinating publicity for special events. Place weekly notice in GY Mercury.
- In collaboration with clergy team, ensure effective administration of bookings and paperwork for Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals and update records of these.
- Maintain the church contact database (iKnow) in line with current guidelines.
- Maintain Church Copyright Licence records and produce annual return.
- Liaise with existing and new hall hirers, responding to queries.
- Keep records of memorials in the churchyard updated.
- Proof read materials to be sent out
- General administrative tasks not specifically mentioned but deemed necessary for the running of a church office.
|Key Skills and Knowledge||Essential E Desirable D|
|Mathematics and English, Grade C GCSE equivalent or demonstrable experience||E|
|Excellent communication skills, verbal written and interpersonal||E|
|Confident user of IT (Microsoft 365 products- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.).||E|
|Friendly, flexible, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.||E|
|Ability to work efficiently under pressure, exercising initiative and judgment||E|
|Reliable, trustworthy and can maintain discretion and confidentiality.||E|
|Effective collaborative and pastoral style||D|
|Experience in office administration/church office administration||D|
|Knowledge of the Christian calendar and patterns of worship and Christian nurture||D|
|Willingness to undertake further training or study||D|
|Ability to work with parishioners of diverse personalities, cultures and viewpoints and relate to a wide cross-section of people in a warm and welcoming manner||D|
What St Nicholas will offer:
- A supportive and prayerful working environment with fellow Christians.
- Full training on all aspects of the role, including use of iKnow, website, Canva and CCLI returns
- Line management from Church Warden.
- Expenses of office.
- Regular workplace reviews with commitment to further training where necessary.
- Specific commitment to pray for and pastorally care for the post holder.
References: Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references.
Probationary period: Appointment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of a
3 months probationary period.
But you would be very welcome to any of our services, we see ourselves very much as a ‘hospital for sinners’ rather than a ‘museum for saints’ to use a well known quote. Whatever your background you can be assured of a very warm welcome.
Why not come just as you are and see why we live the way we do and what a difference having Jesus in your life might make?
For all of our zoom services here are the access details
Meeting ID: 761 8519 1744 Passcode: 937574
If you would like to support our ministry here in Bradwell, and help us with the upkeep of the buildings and the churchyard, bearing in mind we get no external funding, all of our running expenses comes from our congregation you can use our just giving link here – https://www.justgiving.com/stnicholas-bradwell or you could scan this QR code, your support is very much appreciated.